- Established National Manufacturer
- Permanent Full-Time Position - 24/7 Rotating Roster
- Wakerley, South-East Brisbane Location
SIGNET, a subsidiary of the Winson Group, is a well-established Australian owned national company that manufactures and distributes industrial consumables. We have an opportunity available for an energetic and motivated Plastics Operator at our Head Office manufacturing site in Brisbane's south-east.
This position is required to work rotating 12 hour shifts - 4 Days on, 4 off, then 4 Nights on (including working weekends and public holidays, which are compensated for in the salary offering).
About the role:
Working within our Plastics department, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Plastics Operators in achieving optimum extrusion conditions which conform to Signet’s specifications and quality standards. This role is also required to ensure a continuous supply of products to meet warehouse inventory levels. You will be involved in all aspects of the Plastics production processes, including:
- Operate modern automated plastics extrusion machinery
- Manufacture finished goods including plastic bags and shrink wrap
- Carry out routine maintenance on machines
- Enter the shift’s production levels into database
For more information on the role, view the Position Description.
We are looking for a dependable individual with a desire to learn. In addition, you will also possess:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- A trades or machine operator background
- Previous experience within the plastics industry in blown film extrusion is highly regarded
- Safety and quality focused
More about SIGNET:
SIGNET is a leading Australian manufacturer and distributor of packaging, safety and cleaning supplies to industries such as construction, mining and healthcare. We are a national company, with purpose-built office, production and warehousing facilities located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville and a presence in Perth and Darwin. A subsidiary of the Winson Group and a company with 50 years’ experience in the Australian market, we are always driven by excellence.
Signet has an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibilities. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol examination prior to employment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application below.
Visit www.signet.net.au for more information about the organisation.
Please note applicants must have unlimited working rights in Australia.